Australia’s “Great Barrier Reef SNORKELERS DEAL”
Join Cairns’ premier liveaboard with our fabulous one-night discount special Great Barrier Reef Deal for SNORKELERS!
This discount deal is for a two day /1-night stay in superbly appointed stateroom accommodation and is only available for SNORKELERS or BEGINNER ‘INTRODUCTORY’ DIVERS. (Please note, this deal is not possible for qualified scuba divers. Click here for liveaboard tours for qualified divers)
Begin your adventure by spending day one of your ‘Great Barrier Reef snorkelling deal’ onboard our sister vessel ‘Reef Experience’, until you transfer to the Reef Encounter liveaboard boat at approximately 3 pm.
During your day on ‘Reef Experience,’ you will have access to all the ‘Reef Experience‘ day tour facilities. You may go snorkelling on the beautiful Great Barrier Reef and enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch.
Your adventure continues when you transfer to the Great Barrier Reef floating hotel, Reef Encounter at 3 pm.
Once onboard the liveaboard hotel, you will be given a vessel welcome and safety talk before being shown to your cabin at approximately 4 pm.
Please see the itinerary below for more information about our Great Barrier Reef Deal*
Itinerary: Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal
Please note itinerary times are approximate and may vary
Click ‘Book’ to view our available arrival and departure dates for this tour
7.30 am Board the boat ‘Reef Experience’ at Cairns Marlin Marina for check-in, breakfast and your journey to the Great Barrier Reef
8.00 am Welcome, safety talk and snorkel briefing. A Marine Biology Presentation during your journey
9.30 am Water Session: Arrive at our first spectacular reef site and go snorkelling with vivid tropical fish amongst beautiful coral gardens. (If you have booked a beginner’ introductory’ dive package, you will also do your first scuba dive during this water session).
10.30 am Glass bottom boat tour (weather permitting)
12.00 Buffet hot and cold lunch served
13.00 Water Session: Cruise to a second reef location to explore and snorkel
15.00 Transfer to Reef Encounter for your’ welcome & safety talk’ before being shown to your cabin at approximately 3.30 – 4 pm
15:30 Water Session: Scuba dive or snorkel time. Glass bottom boat tour available upon request
18:00 Dinner served in the dining saloon
19:15 Dinner served in the dining saloon. (Earlier afternoon snacks served during the winter schedule)
20:00 Dessert served in the dining saloon
6.00 am A wake-up call for the early morning dive and snorkel session
6:30 am Water Session: Sunrise scuba dive or snorkel time. Glass bottom boat tour available upon request
7:30 am Breakfast served in the dining saloon
8:00 am Check out of stateroom cabin and into a transfer cabin, where you may store your luggage and use the en-suite shower/toilet/towel facilities etc
8:30 am Water Session: Scuba Dive or Snorkel Time
10:30 am Water Session: Scuba Dive or Snorkel Time
12:00 Lunch served in the dining saloon
13:30 Water Session: Snorkel only session available to passengers before departure
14:45 Departing passengers board the transfer vessel ‘Reef Experience’ for the journey back to Cairns. Complimentary wine, cheese and biscuits served on the return journey
16:30 Approximate arrival time to the Cairns Marlin Marina
Reef Encounter Accommodation
- Spacious, air-conditioned cabins – with ocean views
- All cabins have their en-suite toilet & shower
- Towels and toiletries provided (soap, shampoo)
- All cabins have Australian power outlets
What's Included in the Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal
A day on Reef Experience
- Sleep on the reef with Reef Encounter’s, Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal
- All meals prepared fresh daily, by our onboard Chef. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
- Fruit, tea & coffee available throughout the day
- All dietary requirements catered for – please advise us of these when booking
- The best crew on the reef! Reef Encounter’s team is the best in the business, winning personal and professional awards for outstanding customer service in the tourism industry year after year
- The latest snorkelling (wetsuits are a small additional charge)
Glass bottom boat tour upon request
- On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Free luggage storage facility available at our offices in the Cairns City
Reef Encounter Facilities
- A fully air-conditioned 35-metre catamaran hotel, designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea
- Large dining saloon
- TV and lounge area
- Outdoor, freshwater hot-tub
- Spacious sundeck with sun loungers
- Fully licenced bar
- Large, easy access dive and snorkel platforms
- Helicopter pad on the roof for low-flying scenic helicopter tours over the coral reef as your transfer to/from Reef Encounter (optional extra – please contact our friendly reservations team to see if helicopter transfers are currently available with your Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal)
How to Get There
Your transfer vessel, Reef Experience, departs from Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience.’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where.
*The Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal is based on the first part of your tour being spent onboard our sister day vessel ‘Reef Experience’, with check-in time into your accommodation cabin being at approximately 4 pm.
It may be booked either as a snorkelling package or a beginner ‘introductory’ dive package.
If you prefer an earlier cabin check-in time of approximately 10.30 am – OR if you are a qualified diver – please click here to view alternative liveaboard options
Would you like a late check out and your own Great Barrier Reef valet? find out about our Top Deck Club packages
Included in our Great Barrier Reef deal
- A day on Reef Experience
- Reef View Stateroom
- Delicious chef-prepared meals
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- All dietary requirements catered for
- The best crew on the reef
- Snorkelling equipment
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Marine Biologist Presentation
- Free luggage storage in Cairns City
- Introductory scuba diving
- Barista Coffee
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits
- Introductory night dive
- Sunglasses and hat
- light jacket
- Travel Voucher
- Certification card and logbook for certified divers
- Cash or credit card for onboard extras
Reef Encounter is a barefoot experience.
How to Get to Reef Encounter
Your transfer vessel, Reef Experience, departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in on Reef Experience.’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are within walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where.
Important Information for Scuba Divers
This information is for all guests participating in scuba diving activities.
Australia has the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest diving record.
Therefore you must understand Queensland’s scuba diving laws.
We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules, including the requirements for a dive medical, where applicable, as required by law.
Please complete our dive medical questionnaire as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
Our mission is always to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef tour.
If you have any questions, we will be delighted to assist you.
Please contact our office on +61 7 4037 2700 or email our friendly team today.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Queensland Dive Medical using the Australian QLD Standard Form AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
You should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive.
You should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive after multiple scuba dives.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible after scuba diving.