Cod Hole – Liveaboard 3 nights
Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef’s famous Cod Hole and Ribbon Reefs. Liveaboard dive boat, Spirit of Freedom – Cod Hole – Liveaboard 3 Nights. This sleek and spacious vessel offers quality scuba dive liveaboard tours to certified scuba divers. It’s also suitable for those only wishing to snorkel.
Outstanding Coral Sea Scuba Dive Expeditions
Your 3 day cruise offers exceptional scuba diving and amazing visibility. You will have the opportunity to complete up to 11 scuba dives (including night dives). You will end your trip with a one hour scenic flight from the beautiful Lizard Island returning to Cairns mainland.
The Upper Deck
A great place to relax between dives. With undercover and open areas containing timber table, chairs, lounge seating and sun lounges
The Dining Saloon
Being the centre of the vessel the dining room is also used as a breifing area, theatre room and general meeting place. All guests can be comfortably seated. A 42 inch wide tv screen is often the focus of attention for briefings, movies or documentaries. You can work with your laptops using the wireless internet (when in range).
The Forward Lounge
Another place to relax. With comfortable couch seating and bean bags. You will find a coffee machine, tea selection and hot water, a library with books and DVD’s. For photographers there is also a camera work station with power boards and converters for 110 volt flat screen TV and DVD.
The Ships Bar
Offering a good range of quality Australian and New Zealand wins. Plus beer, UDL spirits and soft drinks all at a very reasonable price. On the scheduled dive trips, the house wine and soft drinks are included during your evening meal. This Vessel is fully licenced – NO BYO’s.
- 3 nights Great Barrier Reef liveaboard accommodation onboard ‘Spirit of Freedom’. 2½ dive days*
- Up to 11 scuba dives with no set limits on dive duration.
- A low level reef flight from Lizard Island return to Cairns.
- Bus transfers to and from Cairns City accommodation.
- Wonderful chef prepared meals daily.
- Complimentary wine and soft drinks with evening meals. Air conditioned, en-suite cabins.
- * Basic package based on certified divers with quad-share accommodation. Different cabin styles and prices available upon booking to best suit your requirements. All cabins have private bathrooms and air-conditioning.
- Daily cabin service (including towels).
- Wide screen TV/DVD.
- Comfortable lounge areas and sun-deck.
- Air-conditioning throughout.
- Full Equipment Hire $120.00
- Regulator and Dive computer $45.00
- Dive computer only $35
- Buoyancy Control Device $45.00
- Torch and Cyalume sticks $10.00
- Wetsuits 3mm and 5mm full Length $30.00
- PADI Advanced Course $265.00
- PADI Nitrox Course $295.00
- 3 Day Nitrox Package $75.00
What to bring
Almost Everything Taken Care Of
- Personal luggage, clothes, toiletries etc
- Maximum 20 kg (45lb)luggage allowance per person including carry-on.
- Excess baggage secure storage available upon request
- Personal Dive Equipment – Also available for hire upon booking if required.
- (Snorkel-only passengers snorkel equipment provided free of charge)
- Certification card or divers logbook
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, Reef Tax & Fuel Levy to pay onboard (mandatory national park fees)
- Advance Type Diving Diver experience recommendation:
- Advanced Diver Certification with a minimum of 20 ocean dives including 5 dives in the last 12 months Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions and remote isolation of dive sites.
- We recommend a Scuba diver Refresher course prior to your trip.
- Diver Health. If you have a medical condition or are currently taking prescription medication, you will need a Dive Medical clearance pursuant to the Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.For further details contact our Reservations team.
- Dive deck
- Containing individual stations for 26 guests with dry storage above and storage box under for every 2 divers.
- Air and Nitrox whips allowing tanks to remain in their rack, supplying air and Nitrox at 32%
- Camera wash tub, small camera table and air gun for Photographers
- Dive Deck Holds: 2 x Bauer 21 CFM Compressors
- DNA x Nitrox Membrane System
- 65cf & 88 cf Alloy tanks
- Uwatec Aladin Prime dive Computers
- All individual Scuba Great Items
Tours depart Mondays at 12 noon and return to Cairns the following Thursday 11.30 am
* Maximum 20 kg luggage allowance per person including carry-on. Excess baggage secure storage available upon request.
* Please inform of any specific dietary or other requirements upon booking.
* Scuba diving is only available to Certified Divers with Open Water level qualification or higher.