Coral Sea and Cod Hole Expedition 5 Nights
Mike Ball Dive Expeditions Coral Sea and Cod Hole onboard Spoilsport is a fantastic scuba diving trip for advanced divers.
Visit the pristine Ribbon Reefs PLUS walk-in Captain Cook’s footsteps on the idyllic Lizard Island and scuba dive the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef.
This tour is suitable for advanced scuba divers. Not ideal for snorkelers.
This trip departs Thursdays at 6 pm from Cairns Trinity Wharf (make own way) and returns at 8 am (courtesy of inner-city hotel transfers).
This trip does not include dinner on the first evening.
Please get in touch with us regarding availability.
- Budget Cabin: Twin bunk beds, shared bathroom facilities
- Club Cabin: Twin bunk beds, ensuite bathroom facilities
- Standard Cabin: Two single beds, private ensuite & ocean views
- Premium Cabin: Double bed, private ensuite & ocean views
*Note – Budget Cabin automatically assigned unless a different accommodation option is selected upon booking
Please click here for information on a seven-day dive expedition,
- Coral Sea: The azure and fathomless water of the Coral Sea is the playground for sharks and big fish action in exceptional visibility. Giant soft coral trees and sea fans will impress.
- Ribbon Reefs: The potato cod grouper at the Cod Hole are a highlight. However, the rich biodiversity of fish species and coral makes this section of the Great Barrier Reef so incredible.
Subject to change based on conditions.
- Check-in at our office (3 Abbott St, Cairns) between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm.
- From 4:30 pm: Make your way to Hemingway’s Brewery Cairns Wharf (200m from MBDE office) to meet your fellow passengers.
- Please note Guests should eat before boarding on the first evening, so you may wish to eat before boarding.
- 5:50 pm: Our crew will lead you from Hemingway’s Brewery Cairns Wharf to board Spoilsport. Enjoy a glass of champagne and light snacks while your Trip Director provides a full briefing.
- 6:00 pm: Spoilsport departs Cairns.
- Time to organise rental equipment and put your dive gear together on the dive deck.
Includes 4-day dives and one night dive
This is a sample of a ‘typical day. However, exact times may vary to optimise the prevailing weather conditions on the day.
- 6:30 am: Wake up call followed by a light breakfast available in the dining room.
- 7:00 am: Full cooked Breakfast
- 8:00 am: Dive brief
- 9:00 am: Diving commences
- 10:30 am: Dive brief and diving. “Open decks” accommodate 1-2 dives either am or pm
- 2:00 pm: Lunch
- 3:30 pm: Dive brief and diving
- 4:30 pm: Afternoon Tea
- 6:30 pm: Night dive brief and dive
- 8:00 pm: Dinner
Includes four-day dives and one night dive
- As per above.
Includes three dives and one night dive
- As per above.
Includes 4 day dives
- As per above, however, all diving is finished by 5 pm.
- As the sunsets, we pour the champagne, layout the nibbles and get ready for an Aussie BBQ party night. Don’t forget to wear your loudest tropical shirt or dress and sing along to music played by our talented crew.
- Overnight cruise to Cairns
- 7:00 am: Light breakfast
- 8:00 am Disembark and courtesy transfer to Cairns inner city hotels, the airport or our office where we can store your luggage until 5 pm if you have a later flight.
- Accommodation in twin and double cabins
- Delicious meals and snacks, wine and soft drinks with the evening meal.
- Tanks, air fills and weight belt
- Daily cabin service
- Reef ecology programme
- Dive computer workshop
- Transfer to the airport or Cairns hotel after your expedition
- Unlimited scuba dives at pristine Great Barrier Reef locations
- Coral Sea Dive, Bougainville Reef, Ribbon Reefs, Cod Hole and Osprey Reef
- Complimentary orientation dives for those who require supervision
- Reef Ecology Programme
- Night Dives
- Guaranteed access to restricted dive sites
- All chef-prepared meals catered for, including snacks
- Complimentary soft drinks and wine with dinner
- Unlimited dive times
- Three different dive sites per day (weather permitting)* Dive Equipment Not Included – Available for rental on board
* Please note that the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority requires us to collect an Environmental Management Charge of $7.00 per day spent on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Personal dive guides
- PADI Instruction: Advanced
- Naturalist & Photo/Video Gear hire Camera hire
Hire Gear can be organised onboard
- Item Cost Reg, Ocy, Gauges $15/day
- BCD $10/day Computer $12/day
- Snorkel Gear $5/day
- Light/Torch/Cyalume $10/day
- Wetsuit $10/day
- Safety Sausage (SMB) $10/trip
- Nautilus Lifeline GPS No charge
- All of the above $44/day
- 2L (13 cu.ft) Pony Bottle + Reg $15/day
- 15L (120cu.ft)
- Steel Bottle $25/day Nitrox fills $75/for 3 or 4 night
- Cyalume Light Stick $2/each
- Reef Tax
- Sole Occupancy Berth cost + 70%
- Fuel Levy – Standard Expeditions $0 (subject to change)
- Special Catering Admin Fee $30 per day
- Luggage Restriction 25KG (55lb) per person
- Personal Dive Guides $250/day (+ berth cost for guide) or $50/dive
What to bring
- Cash or Credit Card for purchases
- Personal clothes and toiletries,
- Sun cream, swimming clothes and a hat
- Own dive equipment unless you have pre-booked rental equipment
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
- We recommend that you allow 24 hours between your last dive and your onward flight (all diving is finished by 5pm Sunday).
- A luggage allowance applies to the flight from Cairns to Lizard Island:
- 25kg / 55lb per person plus 3kg / 6.5lb – carry on.
- An additional 10kg/22lb is allowed for professional photo/video housed systems.
Please check availability with us before booking