Coral Sea Dreaming overnight sailing trips
Welcome aboard the Coral Sea Dreaming Sail scuba dive and Snorkel Liveaboard to the Great Barrier Reef! This two-day, one-night liveaboard sailing tour departs from the spectacular Cairns Marlin Marina every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday.
You’ll enjoy a small group and access to a variety of spectacular Great Barrier Reef sites. This tour is ideal for snorkelers and scuba divers. Please note that there are no activities on the boat that would suit a non-swimmer or very small children due to the small nature of the vessel.
Coral Sea Dreaming offers low passenger numbers with a maximum of 12 guests. Famous for its friendly atmosphere, with guests arriving as strangers and departing as friends.
Visit the famous Great Barrier Reef.
Enjoy our uncrowded scuba diving and snorkelling reef sites. Get up close and friendly with the marine life. For the scuba divers amongst us, there’s even the option to go night diving on the Great Barrier Reef! Wind down in the evening enjoying a drink and a yarn with fellow travellers and crew.
This is one of the most intimate liveaboard tours on the Great Barrier Reef from Cairns. You’ll leave feeling part of the Coral Sea Dreaming family.
Next, explore our fantastic options to stay longer on the Great Barrier Reef.
Overnight on the Great Barrier Reef aboard a sailboat
- Board Coral Sea Dreaming at 0745, at the Cairns Marina finger A, berth 3, Marlin Jetty, for morning tea and meet the crew.
- At 8 am we depart. We will motor sail to Cairns outermost reefs. Along the way, we conduct introductory and certified dive briefings and a marine naturalist brief.
- Next, we arrive at our first Outer Reef location (possibly Flynn Reef or Milln Reef). This site will be chosen to suit our passengers’ range of in-water experiences. Depths will range from 5 to 28 meters giving divers a wide range of options. For the snorkeler, you’ll experience extensive coral gardens with an unbelievable amount of marine life. Expect to encounter turtles, small reef sharks and schools of fish.
- After in-water activities, enjoy lunch and afternoon tea.
- In the afternoon, the boat moves to its second location for the 2nd dive/snorkel session.
- Dinner is served, while the cre prepare for the night dive.
- After a brief, passengers undertake a night dive.
- Watch the sunrise over the Coral Sea. This is the perfect time to snorkel or scuba dive as early morning is a fantastic time to see reef sharks, turtles and cruising fish. Enjoy breakfast on the deck.
- Then Coral Sea Dreaming departs for its next reef location – often to “The Whale” dive site. Time for morning tea.
- After mid-morning, the boat will move to the final dive location, for example, the Thetford reef. Enjoy lunch before departure.
- Upon leaving our anchorage, we hoist the sails. It’s common to have dolphins surf the bow wave and, during winter, see humpback whales. The emphasis on the journey home is to relax and enjoy the company of new-found friends. Enjoy the spectacular view as we approach one of Australia’s most scenic harbours.
- The general Sail Dive and Snorkel Liveaboard itinerary allows 4-5 day dives for certified divers and one-night dive. Snorkelling is available at all times except at night.
- Selection of over 25 spectacular moorings.
- All snorkelling and quality dive equipment serviced to commercial standards (wetsuits and stinger suits). Please note not all packages include diving (but it is available for purchase as an extra onboard).
- Delicious homemade meals prepared onboard (special diets catered for with advance notice at no extra charge).
- Morning and afternoon teas and snacks, cheese board before dinner.
- Complimentary welcome pack including toiletries and chocolate
- Hot Shower, 2 toilets (shared).
- Fresh linen and towels.
- Unlimited snorkelling, diving if purchased
- Certified dives
- Introductory dives
- Night dive
What to bring
- One small overnight bag (no large backpacks)
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and camera
- Warm clothes during the cooler months
- Cert card/logbook for certified divers
How to get there
Check-in at 7:45am at the boat location: Berth 3, Finger A, Cairns Marlin Marina, 1 Spence St Cairns
Safety when Scuba Diving
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. It also has the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking.
Some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying and Scuba Diving
For a single no-decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.
- The Sail Dive and Snorkel Liveaboard is an adventure tour suitable for those who can swim, snorkel, dive or wish to dive.
- While we always try to do some sailing, due to the prevailing South Easterly winds, this usually occurs on the return part of the trip.
- We like to think that a small sailboat is always a more intimate experience than a motorboat but it is important to note, there are no activities on the boat that will suit the non-swimmer or very young children.
- Please check with us for availability prior to booking. Contact our friendly reservations team on (07) 4037 2700 or email us.
There are no reviews yet